NRS 429 Topic 1 Discussion Question 1
NRS 429 Topic 1 Discussion Question 1
NRS 429 Topic 1 Discussion Question 1
NRS 429 Topic 1 Discussion Question 1 Discuss why you have decided to complete your BSN at this time, and the concerns you have about completing your baccalaureate degree. Based on the readings in the course materials, what strategies can you implement to be a successful student?
Taiwo, Thanks for discussing the reasons you’ve chosen to return for your BSN. Collaborating about strategies that should be implemented to be a successful student is certainly a relevant topic during the first week of the course. The journey will go by quickly! Thank you, ~Dr. Kidder Please be sure you are ready to move to APA 7th edition formatting October 7th. (remove date after Retrieved in your reference). NRS 429 Topic 1 Discussion Question 1
Click here to ORDER NOW FOR AN EXCELLENT PAPER FROM HEALTH CARE PAPER GURUS ON NRS 429 Topic 1 Discussion Question 1
According to NurseJournal, baccalaureate prepared nurses are typically afforded more opportunity for career development and advancement, possess more developed critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills, and hold a higher capacity to deliver safe and effective patient care (Staff Writers, 2020). For these reasons, I am pursuing my BSN at Grand Canyon University. It is also a requirement of my employment with a magnet hospital to obtain my BSN within 3 years of my hire. NRS 429 Topic 1 Discussion Question 1My main concern with completing my bachelor’s degree is finding the balance among my work, school, and home obligations. I feel that it is crucial to be able compartmentalize my obligations (i.e to focus on my patients while at work, my studies while in school, and my family and personal obligations outside of both). I would be lying if I said I am not worried about my ability to do so.
The main strategies I plan to implement are effective time management and realistic, short term goal setting. I feel that, if I am able to designate specific tasks to certain times (like working on my studies after my children go to bed), and if I am able to set small, attainable goals (such as completing 1 assignment 2 days ahead of the due date), I will be successful in accomplishing my goals and obtaining my BSN.
Staff Writers. (2020). Top 9 Advantages of a BSN Degree. NurseJournal. Retrieved from https://nursejournal.org/bsn-degree/top-9-advantages-of-a- bsn-degree. NRS 429 Topic 1 Discussion Question 1
Re: Topic 1 DQ 1
One summer twenty years ago, I was a student volunteer in my current job and saw the rapport between the nurses and the children. Being able to provide not only healthcare but also human touch to children and their families was and still is deeply fulfilling to me. I knew that working in a field where I could do both of my favorite things would be a dream come true. I am even more passionate about my job today, so pursuing my BSN will be a very important addition to the knowledge I have acquired in my career. To be able to become a better advocate, not only by habit but by knowing how to apply the new skills a BSN will give me is great motivation.
One of the main concerns I have about completing my BSN is that I have not been in school for a long time, so learning how to navigate classes online and getting back into the swing of things seems a little intimidating. After reading Tips for Successful Students I learned that getting involved in class, staying focused, and not being afraid to ask questions will increase my academic success. (Lake,2005)
My other concern is that because of the pandemic, I now homeschool my two daughters and help them with their own work. Although I am grateful, they are safe, having them home all day is not the situation I thought I would be in when I returned to school. However, I prayed about this new adventure for a long time, and I know that with God’s support, and my husband’s, I will be able to accomplish my goal.
I can see the support that Grand Canyon University offers, from online tutorials to being able to communicate with staff, all of which make this journey less daunting. Being realistic about integrating family and work will help me get organized and achieve my academic goals. Checking my portal on a regular basis will also enable me stay on top of assignments and plan out my weeks. Reading the strategies offered by GCU, specifically the article Balancing Work and Nursing School (n.d. 2019), has given me a new perspective on how to achieve even greater success in the field I chose almost twenty years ago – a career I’m even more passionate about today.
Lake, A & von Baeyer, C. (2005). Tips for Successful Students. Retrieved from
All Nursing Schools. (n.d.). Balancing Work and Nursing School. Retrieved from
Re: Topic 1 DQ 1
Working as a registered nurse for 22 years was challenging and wearisome. The most testing is faced when discerning a patient expire after doing all kinds of treatment for them is the most toughest and heart rending part.Other challenges includes the long shift, possess to wield time compelling technologies and the lack of esteem we get from distinct people who works in the same health care field.However, it is rewarding, especially in the moments to help people and hold them up in their times of need.
As per the, Dynamics in Nursing:Art and Science of Professional Practice, the profession of nursing consistently requires a surefooted educational substratum ( Smith &Parker, 2015).This motivated me to encounter my concern for acquiring BSN at Grand Canyon University.Accomplishing baccalaureate degree during this pandemic is more effective and worthwhile as it would help to keep my knowledge upgraded ,establish to new innovations and techniques for patient care, provides wide career possibilities, makes head way for decision making under crucial circumstances and better likelihood of remittance.
Studying productively is a superlative requirement, especially when asked to cover a immense of course.Succeeding the, Tips for Successful Students, I personally wants to implement the strategies of setting a goal mainly to motivate oneself in terms of grasping skills and to be responsible and active during my classes by completing the allotted assignments before the due dates and to take down the notes for summarising the concepts effectively (Lake & von Baeyer, 2005).All this tactics will certainly assist in my BSN program to pass out with flying colours.
Smith & Parker,(2015). Dynamics in Nursing: Art and Science of Professional Practice. Retrieved from-
Lake & Von Baeyer, (2005). Tips for Successful Students. Retrieved from-
Grading Rubric Guidelines
Performance Category 10 9 8 4 0
Demonstrates achievement of scholarly inquiry for professional and academic decisions. • Provides relevant evidence of scholarly inquiry clearly stating how the evidence informed or changed professional or academic decisions
• Evaluates literature resources to develop a comprehensive analysis or synthesis.
• Uses valid, relevant, and reliable outside sources to contribute to the threaded discussion • Provides relevant evidence of scholarly inquiry but does not clearly state how the evidence informed or changed professional or academic decisions.
• Evaluates information from source(s) to develop a coherent analysis or synthesis.
• Uses some valid, relevant, reliable outside sources to contribute to the threaded discussion. • Discusses using scholarly inquiry but does not state how scholarly inquiry informed or changed professional or academic decisions.
• Information is taken from source(s) with some interpretation/evaluation, but not enough to develop a coherent analysis or synthesis.
• Little valid, relevant, or reliable outside sources are used to contribute to the threaded discussion.
• Demonstrates little or no understanding of the topic. • Discusses using scholarly inquiry but does not state how scholarly inquiry informed or changed professional or academic decisions.
• Information is taken from source(s) without any interpretation/evaluation.
• The posting uses information that is not valid, relevant, or reliable • No evidence of the use of scholarly inquiry to inform or change professional or academic decisions.
• Information is not valid, relevant, or reliable
Performance Category 10 9 8 4 0
Application of Course Knowledge –
Demonstrate the ability to analyze, synthesize, and/or apply principles and concepts learned in the course lesson and outside readings and relate them to real-life professional situations • Posts make direct reference to concepts discussed in the lesson or drawn from relevant outside sources;
• Applies concepts to personal experience in the professional setting and or relevant application to real life. • Posts make direct reference to concepts discussed in the lesson or drawn from relevant outside sources.
• Applies concepts to personal experience in their professional setting and or relevant application to real life
• Interactions with classmates are relevant to the discussion topic but do not make direct reference to lesson content • Posts are generally on topic but do not build knowledge by incorporating concepts and principles from the lesson.
• Does not attempt to apply lesson concepts to personal experience in their professional setting and or relevant application to real life
• Does not demonstrate a solid understanding of the principles and concepts presented in the lesson • Posts do not adequately address the question posed either by the discussion prompt or the instructor’s launch post.
• Posts are superficial and do not reflect an understanding of the lesson content
• Does not attempt to apply lesson concepts to personal experience in their professional setting and or relevant application to real life • Posts are not related to the topics provided by the discussion prompt or by the instructor; attempts by the instructor to redirect the student are ignored
• No discussion of lesson concepts to personal experience in the professional setting and or relevant application to real life
Performance Category 5 4 3 2 0
Replies to each graded thread topic posted by the course instructor, by Wednesday, 11:59 p.m. MT, of each week, and posts a minimum of two times in each graded thread, on separate days.
(5 points possible per graded thread) • Exceeds minimum post requirements
• Replies to each graded thread topic posted by the course instructor, by Wednesday, 11:59 p.m. MT, of each week, and posts three or more times in each graded thread, over three separate days.
• Replies to a post posed by faculty and to a peer
• Summarizes what was learned from the lesson, readings, and other student posts for the week. • Replies to each graded thread topic posted by the course instructor, by Wednesday, 11:59 p.m. MT, of each week, and posts a minimum of two times in each graded thread, on separate days
• Replies to a question posed by a peer
Summarizes what was learned from the lesson, readings, and other student posts for the week. • Meets expectations of 2 posts on 2 different days.
• The main post is not made by the Wednesday deadline
• Does not reply to a question posed by a peer or faculty • Has only one post for the week
• Discussion posts contain few, if any, new ideas or applications; often are a rehashing or summary of other students’ comments • Does not post to the thread
• No connections are made to the topic
Minus 1 Point Minus 2 Point Minus 3 Point Minus 4 Point Minus 5 Point
Grammar, Syntax, APA
Note: if there are only a few errors in these criteria, please note this for the student in as an area for improvement. If the student does not make the needed corrections in upcoming weeks, then points should be deducted.
Points deducted for improper grammar, syntax and APA style of writing.
The source of information is the APA Manual 6th Edition • 2-3 errors in APA format.
• Written responses have 2-3 grammatical, spelling, and punctuation errors.
• Writing style is generally clear, focused, and facilitates communication. • 4-5 errors in APA format.
• Writing responses have 4-5 grammatical, spelling and punctuation errors.
• Writing style is somewhat focused. • 6-7 errors in APA format.
• Writing responses have 6-7 grammatical, spelling and punctuation errors.
• Writing style is slightly focused making discussion difficult to understand. • 8-10 errors in APA format.
• Writing responses have 8-10 grammatical, spelling and punctuation errors.
• Writing style is not focused, making discussion difficult to understand. • Post contains greater than 10 errors in APA format.
• Written responses have more than 10 grammatical, spelling and punctuation errors.
• Writing style does not facilitate communication.
• The student continues to make repeated mistakes in any of the above areas after written correction by the instructor
0 points lost
-5 points lost
Total Participation Requirements
per discussion thread The student answers the threaded discussion question or topic on one day and posts a second response on another day. The student does not meet the minimum requirement of two postings on two different days
Early Participation Requirement
per discussion thread The student must provide a substantive answer to the graded discussion question(s) or topic(s), posted by the course instructor (not a response to a peer), by Wednesday, 11:59 p.m. MT of each week. The student does not meet the requirement of a substantive response to the stated question or topic by Wednesday at 11:59 pm MT.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH SUPERIOR NURSING PAPERS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT